vendredi 5 décembre 2014

Servo received!!


I have to reconsider my IAS indicator, one problem was a dial scale but this one has been resolved with a new design.
Now my problem is the speed of a stepper motor very low for this kind of application and the step movement of the needle disturb me ,in fact is not enough real.

To summarize:

1. the dial scale is a little far from the reality
2. the steeper speed too low
3. the needle's step movement


For the first point I have to redesign the dial scale.
The second and third point, I make a choice to try with a servo. The fact is I need a servo turning at the minimum from 0° to 320°.
I opted for a modified continue rotation Futaba S148 .


Overview

The Parallax (Futaba S148) continuous rotation servo converts standard RC servo position pulses into continuous rotation speed. It can be controlled directly by a microcontroller without any additional electronics, which makes it a great actuator for robotics projects. The servo includes an adjustable potentiometer that can be used to center the servo and comes with a star-shaped servo horn and an 11″ (270 mm) lead.

Specs:

Power: 4.8 – 6 V
Top 6 V speed: 50 RPM (with no load)
Torque: 2.7 kg-cm/38 oz-in at 6 V
Weight: 43 g/1.5 oz with servo horn and screw
Size (L x W x H): 40.5 mm x 20.0 mm x 38.0 mm / 1.60" x 0.8" x 1.50"
Control interface: RC servo pulse width control, 1.50 ms neutral
Manual adjustment port
Speed at 6V:  0.22sec/60°
Speed at 4.8V:  0.28sec/60°


I put in bold and underlined the interesting parameters for my application.
Despite the fact that the servo is modified, the standard library for coding in Arduino still usable.



ServoRaccordement.png

 Fichier:Arduino-ServoMoteur.png



Parallax (Futaba S148) continuous rotation servo.






Soon the test with this servo.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire